This is one of the few things I would eat as a small child (just the bread and cheese), and if a picky four year old once approved of this, you know it s good.
- 2 piece Bread Preferably sourdough if there is no sourdough use cibatta or french bread or anything else you might have
- 1 packages CHEESE This is the no 1 ingredient besides bread
- 1 Avocado (this is one of my favorite things to put on a grilled sandwich)
- 2 piece BACON Another magical thing If you are vegetarian substitute for this or just don #39 t use it the sandwich WILL survive
- 1 Butter or whatever thing with lubrication abilities (olive oil margarine etc )
- 2 Lettuce or your green of choice Iceberg Lettuce has the least nutritional content I know of as far as greens go so I use that
- Get a cutting board and a butter knife and spread some butter on one side of the bread Do this to both slices and put as much or as little as you like I dont care
- Turn on a stove put a flat pan on the stove and let the pan preheat as you stare at a cheesy inspirational poster you got when you were five
- Put the slices of bread onto the pan side by side once the pan is hot You will know this is so when you flick a little water onto the pan and the water evaporates
- Put the cheese bacon and lettuce onto one of the slices of breadMake sure the bacon is cooked BEFORE you put it on the bread Put cheese on the other piece of bread let it melt then flip the cheesy slice onto the other slice
- Let one side cook then flip the sandwich to let the other side cook You want the sandwich to look like a toasted marshmallow
- Take the sandwich off of the grill (dont burn yourself) and put ot on a plate after you cut it in half Make the sandwich stand on the thinner side so it does not become smushy and gross Spread avocado on top if you like because frankly avocado does not cook well and is better served raw Pow! There it is! The magical grilled sandwich of my dreams!