I have always been intimidated to make most doughs. I have severe nerve damage in my right arm and hand.
This recipe is amazing…. I use this recipe for two fifteen inch pizzas, dinner rolls, and of course Bread.
I love this recipe.
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees : 1 3/4 cups Bread flour I use King Arthur Flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour I use King Arthur Flour:
- 1 tablespoon dry Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar I normally use raw sugar also called Turbinado
- 1/4 cup Warm water (not hot)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 cups a good beer I like Samuel Adams Flavors
- I rolled my bread in Roasted Organic wheat Germ roasted Organic flax seed black and white sesame seeds
- This is optional
- Mix the Bread Flour and Whole wheat Flours
- Set aside
- Mix the Dry Yeast and the brown sugar into the warm water
- I set this aside until it becomes bubbly I call it frothy because if has a small froth like beer
- Add the Beer and one cup of the flour mixture to the yeast mixture
- I use a wooden spoon to fold and blend well
- Carefully add the salt and the rest of the flours folding until all is gone
- This mixture will be Sticky I put olive oil on my hands to be able to form into a ball If its too wet pour into a greased bowl cover with a clean cloth I set mine for overnight Or if I do this first thing in the morning I allow it to rise all day Normally mine get three times the size I started with Bake for about 20-25 Minutes depending upon your oven and your elevation Cool in pan on wire rack covered with a dish cloth for at least five to Ten minutes Fresh baked Bread smells so delicious and so good warm