Springtime means fresh asparagus! What better way to prepare than a nice, rich soup?
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp each olive oil and butter
- 3 cup chopped asparagus divided
- 8 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pints whipping cream
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven sautee opinion and garlic until soft Remove half opinion mixture
- Add half the chopped asparagus and the 8 cups of chicken stock to the Dutch oven
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes until the asparagus is cooked
- Let cool before adding to a blender Puree mixture until smooth It is very important to let cool before doing this step
- Return the pureed soup to the Dutch oven Add the reserved onions uncooked asparagus Add salt and pepper Bring back to a simmer and add the whipping cream and heat thoroughly Serve!