Well, it s just rye bread, but this is what Danes eat for lunch pretty much everyday 🙂 The one key is you have to have some sourdough on hand, then this is probably one of the easiest breads to bake in the world…and since the units are almost all the same, easy to remember too. NOTE: This recipe is super simple but requires starting a day in advance!
- 200 ml chopped rye kernels
- 200 ml cracked wheat
- 200 ml sourdough (the wet kind)
- 400 ml water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 200 ml wheat flour
- 200 ml rye flour
- Soak the kernels cracked wheat and sourdough in water overnight
- Mix in the salt and 2 types of flour making sure there are no dry lumps of flour when youre done
- Let it ferment for a few hours
- Change Move to a baking tray with a lid
- Bake at bottom rack at 180C (hot air setting) for 60 mins no need to preheat!
- Change Take the lid off after 45 mins and bake without for the remaining 15