It s always to indulge once in a while but my sweet tooth wanted something sweet everyday but most cakes are not so healthy so I came up with this healthier recipe for banana muffin that is sugar free and low in fat and high in fiber.
- 2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x 5 inch large loaf pan
- In a large bowl mix together flour salt walnuts baking powder
- In another bowl mix together mashed bananas egg milk vanilla oil and honey until combined
- Pour wet ingredient mixture into the dry and mix with a spatula just until combined (do NOT over mix!)
- Change Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on medium rack for an hour to 65 minutes it golden brown Test with a toothpick to make sure
- Change Remove from pan onto wire rack to cool
- Change Enjoy!
- Change Tip: the riper the bananas the more intense the banana flavor and sweetness!