I ve had this exact recipe for almost all my life, I ve loved Irish Soda Bread forever, my favorite part of St. Paddy s Day (aside from the Irish Potatoes!) and it s not too bad for you, it should be around 200 calories or so. Go nuts and have a slice or two! Enjoy!
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Yogurt (Should be plain but I used vanilla and strawberry because I didn #39 t have plain works just as well)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (Or Vegetable Oil it doesn #39 t matter)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour baking powder baking soda and salt until well combined
- Add the yogurt oil and honey to the bowl and mix well You may need to use your hands to get all of the ingredient incorporated completely
- Flour a clean counter-top and knead the Irish Soda Bread dough slightly for about 30 seconds Form into a nice round shape Grease a cake pan and place the round dough into the center of pan Cut a shallow X shape on the top of the round dough using a sharp knife or bread knife Bake the bread at 350Â°F for 40 to 45 minutes (It only took me 35 minutes the family directions say 40-45)
- Thats it! Hope you all like it! Send in your snapshots of it!