Since today is so stormy and gloomy, I thought I d teach my newest students how to make their first easy, homemade soups like Chicken & Dumplings and basic stews. They also learned how to make a thickening soup slurry. This was just one of their delicious outcomes! This soup goes great with Patty Melts! See my recipe for them under my profile if you d like!
- 8 Cups Homemade Beef Stock see easy recipe under my profile
- 1 (15 oz) Package Hormel Beef Roast with Aus Ju
- 1 LG Viadailla Onion for sweetness
- 1 (8 oz) Box Thick Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- as needed Baguette Bread
- as needed Garlic Butter
- Change Create your homemade beef stock A thick beef stock is essential with this recipe But you can use boxed broth Just season with beef bouillon thicken with 2 tbsp corn starch and 1 tbsp water at the finish and simmer on high for 2 minutes longer Stir well and fast if you choose a corn starch slurry tho
- Change Heres what youll need Packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix not pictured here Chop your onions PS I always add Beef Boullion to this recipie but its entirely up to you!
- Change Microwave your beef roast for 3 minutes
- Change Fine fork shread your roast
- Change Now its everybody in the pool! Simmer for 30 minutes
- Change Add slurry at this point if choosing to thicken your soup We enjoy ours thicker as so it can coat crustinies well
- Change Heres your outcome Your soup should be able to coat a spoon Serve with toasted crustinie bread
- Change Or with a Patty Melt Enjoy!
- Change Sorry This site isnt letting my students sort their steps Preheat oven to 350Â° at Step #6 Slice Baguette Bread and coat with garlic butter if youd like Bake 5 minutes or until slightly crispy