This is a variation on a recipe making its way around our neighborhood. It is great for those chilly afternoons watching football or after a good day of sledding. It is very easy to make and is flexible enough to add your own style and creativity.
- 2 can chicken broth
- 2 lb ground chuck
- 2 can cream of potato
- 2 can cream of celery
- 1 lb thick sliced smoked bacon
- 16 oz Mexican Velveeta or similar cheese
- 1/2 large sweet onion
- 4 cup boiled potatoes in small chunks
- Brown the ground chuck and fry up the bacon I prefer ground chuck and thick cut bacon Feel free to use whatever you wish this is just my preference
- While the meat is cooking warm up the water for the potatoes and prep them I prefer to use red potatoes chopped up with the skins on but you can use whatever you wish
- Chop up the onion and set aside Once the bacon is done sweat the onion in the bacon grease and drain along with the ground chuck
- After the meat and onions are drained place it in your soup pot Cut up the velveeta into chunks and add to the meat in the pot to help soften it up
- Chop up the bacon into desirable pieces and add to the pot
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil If it is too thick feel free to add 1/2 cup of milk or more chicken broth
- Once the soup has come to a boil add it to a crock pot and share!