I am always making garlic bread and trying different ways and different variations to try. This one reminded me of texas toast with cheese. My kids loved it .
- 1 Italian bread slices with or without seeds on the crust (you can use any kind of bread and however many slices you need)
- 1 melted butter (depending on how many slices your making is how much butter you need) enough to cover 1 side of each slice
- 1 garlic powder (to your taste)
- 1 garlic salt (use carefully as you don #39 t want much salt)
- 1 chopped parsley or parsley flakes (just a little)
- 1 mozzarella cheese (as much as you like) optional
- Preheat your oven to 300Â°F
- Change Melt butter in a saucepan or frying pan Allow to cool just a little so that it is a little thick and not runny
- Change After the butter is melted remove from heat and add in garlic powder garlic salt and parsley Mix together Mine started to make a bit of a paste from the butter cooling and the powder
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper and place your slices of bread onto the wax paper
- Change You can leave this out if you prefer but to 1 slice I spread butter on it first before spreading the melted butter and spices It honestly was much better Your choice !
- Change Take a knife and spread on the butter and spice mix onto one side of each piece You can do both sides if you like for more butter and garlic flavor
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven Depending on how crispy you want your bread is how long you will keep it in the oven Keep an eye on it as you dont want it to burn About 5 to 8 minutes If your oven runs hotter less time and if it runs lower then longer time My oven likes to do both so I play it by checking it constantly (every 2 minutes)
- Change After they get to a nice crisp pull them out of the oven Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top As much or as little as you like You can use any cheese you like or mix several different cheeses for this
- Change Place the bread back into the oven only until the cheese is melted
- Change Serve and enjoy with any dish you like garlic bread with or alone with a marinara sauce as a snack !